Isabela State University Campuses


The university with its 11 campuses clustered into four (4) clusters delivered significantly in terms of producing quality graduates by providing quality student services and instruction. In line with this, the university also capitalizes on the continuous development and updating of curricular offerings and faculty and staff development as way of retooling its instruction arm to provide the latest and most up to date teaching techniques and strategies for its students coupled with enhanced facilities such as laboratories, libraries and instructional materials added with enriching the students trainings thru on-the-job trainings in Singapore and HongKong. These new initiatives were made possible through the linkages developed by the university to various institutions here and abroad. Echague Isabela

Constant compliance and submission to accrediting institutions was also made to assure the quality of academic programs offered through the AACCUP evaluations made, the CHED NAFES Recognition and adherence to the standards of CHED COE/COD grants.


ECHAGUE CAMPUS (MAIN CAMPUS)

The Isabela State University first started 1918 as a four-room farm school- the Echague Farm School, established through the pioneering effort of an American supervising teacher, Horatio G. Smith. Constructed on a ten hectare land, the school accommodated 100 pupils who took elementary agriculture. The school gradually grew as the number of enrollees increased necessitating the hiring of more teachers and the construction of additional buildings. It was converted to a rural high school in 1925.

The school was aptly renamed in 1952 to Echague Agricultural and Forestry School when Forestry was integrated to Agriculture. It started to gain recognition when it earned the status of an Agricultural School in the region in 1963. With the new status came the bigger responsibility of catering to the demands of clientele not only locally but in the region as well. More academic programs were then opened as required by its regional status.

The conversion of the school into a state college was made possible by the filing of the House Bill 2866 during the 7th Congress of the Philippines and was signed by the senate on May 30, 1972. The Bill was finally approved by the then President Ferdinand Marcos and a State College was born- the Isabela State College of Agriculture (ISCA). With its new status, the program in Agriculture, Forestry and Home Economics were expanded to include Agricultural Engineering, Agribusiness and Post Secondary courses. Since the province of Isabela was also experiencing growth in many aspects, it felt the need to integrate and convert the institution into an effective and efficient state university.

On June 10, 1978, then President Marcos issued Presidential Decree (P.D.) 1434 which merged two state colleges- Isabela State College of Agriculture in Echague and Cagayan Valley Institute of Technology in Cabagan- to become the Isabela State University. This also transferred the college level programs of Isabela School of Arts and Trades (ISAT) in Ilagan; San Mateo Vocational and Industrial School in San Mateo; and Jones Rural School in Jones to the new State University.

In 1999, the CHED Memo Order no. 18 s. 1999 which provides the guidelines for the integration of CHED institutions to State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) was enacted. Pursuant to this order, the first CHED supervised institution that was integrated to the University was the Cauayan Polytechnic College at Cauayan, Isabela. In 2002, two more CSIs were again integrated to the system- the Roxas Memorial Agricultural and Industrial School (RMAIS) in Roxas, Isabela; the Delfin Albano Memorial Institute of Agriculture and Technology (DMIAT) in San Mariano, Isabela; and the Angadanan Agro-Industrial College (AAIC) in Angadanan, Isabela. The merger identified Echague Campus as the main campus and administrative site. Through collaborative efforts of LGU Palanan and Santiago City, two extension campuses were added to the roster.

Thirty-two years after its establishment, the university has become a credible Higher Education Institution (HEI) being one of the country’s institutions with the most number of accredited programs by the Association of Accredited Chartered Colleges and Universities of the Philippines (AACCUP). It is an institution that offers various academic programs which cater to the need of the clientele and equips its students with the necessary knowledge and skills as manifested in the performance of its graduates in licensure examinations and securing jobs inside and outside the country

As early as 1978, it became the regional center for at least twelve commodity programs on training, research and development through a consortium-the Cagayan Valley Agriculture Resources Research and Development (CVARRD) based at Echague campus, now a Hall of Famer for having been awarded five times with the most coveted Ugnay Awards by the Philippine Council for Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resources Research and Development (PCARRD). The Research Development and Extension’s (RDE) programs and projects had been integrated by the CVARRD and the move had been rewarded with the fifth Ugnay Award, a proof to CVARRD’s commitment and dedication and untiring quest for countryside growth and development.


CAUAYAN CAMPUS

AS A THRIVING UNIT ofthe University, Cauayan Campus housed the most number of students from the fields ofinformation technology,criminology, business administration, and hotel and restaurant management.

The increase marked since the integration of then Cauayan Polytechnic School to Isabela State University by virtue of the CHED Memorandum Order 18 series of 1999 with the addition of a more relevant programs deem apposite to the needs of its locale.At present, with its annualincrease in population, Cauayan campus has reached more than 7000 enrolees.

With such number, ISU-Cauayan students have become identified locally, regionally even nationally in both sports and socio-cultural activities.Its workforce has also been very participative in different faculty development undertakings, local and national; where, all have finished their master’s degree and majority have taken if not have graduated in their doctorate degrees.

To date, with the University objective to be a globally recognized institution of higher learning, Cauayan campus has accredited four of its programs. Level 1 accredited by Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines, AACCUP, are Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Bachelor of Elementary Education, Bachelor of Secondary Education, and Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management; candidate for Level 1 are Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship and Bachelor of Agricultural Technology; and, Preliminary Survey Area Revisit areBachelor of Science in Criminology and Bachelor of Arts Majors in Political Science and Legal Management.

Campus targets the completion of its seven storey academic/ commercial building with hotel and auditorium function hall, accreditation and re-accreditation of its programs, concreting of the campus road, completion of the concrete bleachers in the gymnasium, construction of school dormitories for its students, and construction of more classroom buildings to house its collective number.

At the moment, the campus maintains its good relations with the academe, community, and its clientele as it eyes to be a premier institution of higher learning in the province and in the country as a whole.


CABAGAN CAMPSUS
 
Pursuant to Presidential Decree No. 1434, the Isabela State University at Cabagan, working hand in hand with the other units/campuses, strives to serve as ‘an instrument toward the rapid development of the natural and manpower resources of Region 11, particularly of the Province of Isabela.” The Isabela State University at Cabagan is an institution of higher learning whose vital rule is to provide quality education designed to prepare men and women who can meet the imperatives of country side development. The establishment of a state university in this part of the Cagayan Valley region dates back to early 1916 when the Isabela Farm School, operating on the elementary level was opened and converted later into Cabagan Rural High School which continued to exist until 1937. Thereafter, its operation was reverted to the elementary level under the name Cabagan, Farm School and persisted long after World War II. In response to popular demand for the re-establishment of a high school in locality, Cabagan High School was finally opened in 1950. It operated under the financial support of the provincial government of Isabela until its conversion into Cabagan National Agricultural School in 1958 by virtue of Republic Act No. 1989. Offering secondary agriculture and secondary homemaking curricula for boys and girls, respectively, this school became the forerunner of what was to become a state college, the Cagayan Valley Institute of Technology (CVIT). On June 18, 1966, the Cagayan Valley Institute of Technology was established by virtue of Republic Act No. 3442. Sponsoring the CVIT’s conversion into a state college were former Congessmen Delfin B. Albano, Leonardo B. Perez, and Benjamin T. Ligot of Isabela, Nueva Viscaya, and Cagayan respectively. The College charter provided among other things, the offering of secondary general and vocational courses as well as collegiate agricultural courses. 

On July 1, 1963, the Institution started to offer collegiate classes. Fully aware of its leadership role along the major thrusts of education for regional and national development, the Cagayan Valley Institute of Technology has steadfastly joined the trend towards restructuring higher education and redirecting its goals until its recent conversion and integration into a state university on June 10, 1979, by virtue of Presidential Decree No. 1434. Over the years, the institution has been functioning to provide a kind of education and training that can turn out competent and qualified manpower through its educational, research and extension programs. Today the Isabela State University at Cabagan, in the process of development assumes numerous and comprehensive functions in providing necessary training and expertise in the sciences and technology.


ILAGAN CAMPUS

Isabela State University-Ilagan Campus was one of the three (3) original campuses merged to become the first state university in Region II, the others were Cabagan Campus and Echague Campus. Through the Presidential Decree 1434 signed on June 10,1978, the Isabela State University was created. Today there are eleven campuses of the university system strategically located in the different municipalities of Isabela.

Ilagan Campus is located some 400 kilometers north of Manila, in Barangay Calamagui 2nd, Ilagan, Isabela. Its rolling area of 2.11 hectares is located along Maharlika Highway which make it accessible to land transport.

The campus caters mostly to sons and daughters of Isabelinos who are economically poor and marginalized. It provides various scholarship grants to deserving students. Other scholarship grants are also provided by various civic spirited and benevolent sponsors in the province.

Today, ISU Ilagan has a student population of more than 3,700 students enrolled this school year 2011-2012.It has 120 faculty members of various disciplines and about 40 non-teaching staff. Through the years, Ilagan campus has produced engineers, teachers, nurses, midwives, IT experts and industrial technologists’ .It has consistently achieved remarkable school performance nationwide and produced topnotchers in the Civil and Electrical Engineering Licensure Examinations, attracting the bright students from local high schools to enroll in the program.

Most of the programs offered in the campus have already undergone preliminary survey and accredited Level I by the AACCUP. The campus has been working hard towards providing excellent education to its clientele through the four thrusts of the University, namely: instruction, research, extension and production. It is commissioned to produce globally competitive graduates ready to meet the challenges of the times.


SAN MATEO CAMPUS

The Isabela State University – San Mateo campus proudly stands at its new location after 20 years of stay at the Barangay Hall. San Mateo campus stands on a ground that was once an agricultural land owned by generous Col. Andres D. Damian. Although it is not big campus as its mother campus, it houses a family of teachers and students, who have brilliant minds and creative hands in achieving excellence in Instruction, production, research and extension.

ISU San Mateo campus has gone long in its effort to work for the betterment of the students. At 30th year ISU San Mateo remains steadfast in its mission of giving quality education.

It is a fact that ISU – San Mateo has never been spared of problems in its commitments to uphold quality education and instruction including services. However, it has surpassed the test of time with its capacity for survival that even in the midst of constant change of societal demands and challenges; it has proven its competence as proven by the result of the recent celebration of its silver founding anniversary.

ISU San Mateo remains open to more complex challenges in sustaining high standard education.

ISU San Mateo remains open to more complex challenges in sustaining high standard education.The San Mateo Vocational and Industrial School which started in 1976 had a two-year Technical College Department which consequently became the nucleus of the Isabela State University San Mateo Campus in pursuant of Section 15 of Presidential Decree 1434.

In P.D. 1434, President Ferdinand E. Marcos established the Isabela State University (ISU), the first in Region 02, on June 10, 1978 by merging the Cagayan Valley Institute of Technology (CVIT) at Cabagan, the Isabela tate College of Agriculture (ISCA) at Echague and the absorption of college courses from the Isabela School of Arts and Trades (ISAT) in Ilagan, Roxas Memorial Agriculture and Industrial School (RMAIS) in Roxas and San Mateo Vocational and Industrial School (SMVIS) in San Mateo and Jones Rural School, Jones, Isabela.

Upon the creation of ISU-San Mateo, Mr. Francisco Juan, the SMVIS School Administrator, was appointed as the Officer-in-Charge followed by Prof. Sotero G. Martin as the first appointed Campus Head (1979-1982); Prof. Avelina L. Domingo, Chairman (1982-1987); Dr. Jose C. Domingo, Chairman (June 1987-1996); Dr. Avelina L. Domingo (1996-May 31, 2002); Prof. Quirino G. Lucas, Campus Executive Director (June 1, 2002-August 2005); Dr. Dr. Reynaldo L. Raymundo, Campus Executive Director (August 2005 – December 3, 2008); Prof. Dalmacio G. Leaño – December 4, 2008 – June 30, 2008; and Dr. Leon M. Gonzales, Campus Administrator (July 2008 to present).

In 1980 through the generosity of Barangay Capt. Hardy B. Lintao, the University occupied temporarily the Mother Craft Center and the Pre-Fab Building of Brgy. San Andres as its Library and classrooms respectively until such time that the University was transferred to a portion of lot number 2085- F TCT 141877 with an area of 1.2 hectares located at National Highway San Andres, San Mateo, Isabela in 1999. The lot was donated by the late Col. Andres D. Damian through the initiative of the administration of Dr. Avelina L. Domingo

At present, the University offers academic courses namely: Bachelor of Science in Industrial Education (Degree and Ladderized) with major fields of specialization in Garments Technology, Food Technology, Electrical Technology, Applied Electronics Technology, Drafting Technology, Foods Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (Degree and Ladderized), Bachelor of Science in Agriculture ( First two-years), Bachelor of Arts major in Political Science, Bachelor in Secondary Education, two-Year courses like Computer Secretarial and Computer Programming.

The University’s management is peopled by effective and efficient faculty and staff. Work forces include 1 Professor V, 2 Associate Professor V, 1 Associate Professor II, 2 Assistant Professor IV, 1 Assistant Professor III, 1 Assistant Professor I, 3 Instructor I, 7 Contractual Instructor I, 1 Part-Time Instructor, 3 Support Staff members, 1 utility worker, and 3 security guards.

From its humble beginnings, the growth of ISU-San Mateo Campus has been phenomenal. It has provided quality education to students not only from San Mateo but also from nearby towns like Ramon, Cabatuan, Aurora, San Manuel, Quezon, and other towns in Mountain province and Kalinga. It is hoped that it will continuously bring to life the dreams of our people to be educated and be educated well. 


SAN MARIANO CAMPUS

At the foot of the Sierra Madre Mountain about 17 kilometers east of Naguilian-San Mariano junction, midway the municipalities of Benito Soliven and San Mariano and along the planned national road to Palanan, Isabela lies the san Mariano Campus of the Isabela State University, Sta. Filomena, San Mariano, Isabela.

To develop the agricultural potentials of the forest region of Isabela, (comprising the municipalities of Benito Soliven, SanMariano, Naguilan, Reina Mercedes, Divilican, Dinapigui, Palanan and Maconacon) then Congressman Felfin Albano sponsored RA 6240 creating the San Mariano Junior National Agricultural High School in 1970. Honorable Rodolfo B. Albano, Jr., lone Congressman of Isabela worked for the implementation of Republic Act 6240 and started its operation in the Caloocan Elementary school, Benito Soliven, Isabela.

After two years, the late Mayor Jose Miranda of San Mariano purchased 10,3153 hectares for the San Mariano Junior National Agricultural High School site at Sta. Filomena, San Mariano, Isabela while Mr. Cornelio Garo donated one-third hectare for the additional school site.


JONES CAMPUS

The Isabela State University Jones Campus was originally the College Department of Jones Rural School, Jones, Isabela. The Presidential Decree 1434 in 1978 mandated the integration of the College Department of JRS to the Isabela State University. It therefore ushered the birth of Jones Campus of the University.

As there was a shift of paradigm, out of the original courses offered, only the Bachelor of Science in Agriculture remains relevant at present. In addition to BSA, the ISU-Jones Campus offers: Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Bachelor of Science in Criminology, Bachelor of Secondary Education and Bachelor of Elementary Education.

From its humble beginnings, ISU Jones metamorphosed significantly for the past five years. From a lowly 110 enrollment in 2005, it has now ballooned to 800—800 students who are now enjoying various scholarship grants/programs and pursuing different courses., which means, 100% scholarship grants by various sponsoring individuals/groups!

With the leadership of Dr. Joel L. Reyes and with the support of the University Management headed by the president, Dr. Romeo R. Quilang, ISU- Jones has recruited high-calibre educators who are indispensable partners in the academic take-off of the campus.


ANGADANAN CAMPUS

Isabela State University Angadanan Campus started as Angadanan Junior High School on August 14, 1946. After one year, it was renamed Angadanan High School.12 years until the late Congressman Delfin B. Albano worked for its conversion to Angadanan Vocational High School in 1962 by virtue of RA 3438. Thirteen years hence, that was 1975, although the school retained its name as Angadanan Vocational High School, it started to offer Post-Secondary Education, a Two-Year Ladderized Trade-Technical Curriculum leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Industrial Education (BSIE) with different major areas of specialization. 

The school retained its name for as Angadanan Vocational High School, it started to offer Post-Secondary Education, a Two-Year Ladderized Trade-Technical Curriculum leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Industrial Education (BSIE) with different major areas of specialization.


ROXAS CAMPUS

0 comments:

Post a Comment